Tuesday, June 5, 2012

From the shaping room to your body

Together with shaper Dennis Ryder and a local manufacturer, Donna of Betty Belts found a highly innovative way to capture and repurpose excess resin left over from the surfboard-building process. They turned it it into very wearable, very durable jewelry instead of letting it end up in a landfill. It's not easy, but it is SO worth it! The story: Each color stripe is from a surfboard made here in California. The boards are out there, riding waves, and each piece is connected to that. How cool is that?
  • Upcycled, made from waste byproduct
  • Highly durable
  • No two alike, truly authentic
  • Mostly hand made in Ventura, California
  • Always made with dignity
  • Free stoke included
In December I asked Gary if he had any ideas on what to get my wife for Christmas.  He told me about Betty Belts and away I went.  It was so easy to choose because the jewelry was so close to home for me.  Always worried about getting my wife any kind of gift like this was heavy on my mind.  What a surprise, she said it was her favorite gift.  She is always telling me how many compliments she gets wearing the set I got her, even to the point she is thinking of selling it in her Pilates Studio. 

We now carry the a full line of up cycled resin and sea glass jewelry from Betty belts.  Come on by and take a look, your sure to find some great pieces to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment