Sunday, June 9, 2013

Orbicular (Schaefer) Mini-D

 Comments from a customer


Orbicular Surfboards (Schaefer) "Mini-D" twin fin model

Message: Big Randy, picked up my custom 5' 8" Mini D two to three weeks ago. Here is my review after having surfed it at Rincon River-mouth and the beach break above the Indicator, Ventura Point, "Tanks" and Malibu. The simplest way to put it is stoked, stoked, stoked! This is my new favorite board for surfing typical knee high to chest high Cali surf and I have a quiver of 25 boards to choose from.

This board surfs so much better than you think it would if you are just looking at it without actually experiencing it in the water. Surfed it in full low tide zippers at Malibu and high tide windswell at Rincon River-mouth and it worked equally well, fast down the line, and really fun into turns, on a dime or you can slide the tail out and re-engage in front of the lip. Also this thing trims like a long board in the mushier stuff. I have not had a bad go out to date on this baby and can't think of a better board to get me through the summer and well into next winter between some real swells. My new go to board! Thanks to you and the man Clyde Beatty.

Marty M.


Many thanks to Clyde who talked me into the fin placement on this board.  With eveyone using the close together rear placement approach on this style board, Clyde's knowledge in fin placement made this board do what it does.   FLY
Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment